Praise and Prayer Requests – October 2018
Posted by danneker on October 1st, 2018 | 3 comments
- We have been warmly welcomed in all the churches we were privileged to visit this past September. Delicious church fellowship dinners, meals with pastors and church members, ladies’ tea, men’s breakfast, youth nights with refreshments, meals with our host families…we are being well fed! There have been surprises along the way: sharing about Thailand in a local school, attending a high school football game and the church’s 5th quarter outreach, church hay rides, and watching fireworks that one pastor set off after the missions’ conference. We were also asked to attend one church’s mission’s committee meeting so they as a church could evaluate how they are doing in completing the Great Commission. It has been a blessing to reconnect with our brothers and sisters in Christ in Eastern PA. Each church has been open and eager to hear the messages God has given us to share with them. Thanks for praying.
- Please pray for our October speaking schedule (all in PA):
Wed. 10/3 Glenview Alliance Church (Glen Rock)
Sat. 10/6 – Sun. 10/7 Fairlawn Community Church (Cogan Station)
Sun. 10/14 – Wed. 10/17 C&MA of Watsontown (Watsontown)
Sat. 10/20 – Sun. 10/21 Spring Grove C&MA Church (Spring Grove)
Fri. 10/26 – Sun. 10/28 Faith Alliance Church (Glenmoore)
- We appreciate prayer for times of personal spiritual refreshing. At the Eastern PA District Conference last month we were challenged to “guard our hearts,” and keep our priorities straight. Pray too for God’s continued care of our physical health. We have a goal to walk daily and maintain discipline in what we eat.
- Please pray for the Mahapawn Baan Paeo Church. Some “growing pains” issues have come up, sort of like Acts 6, about who the church “helps” and what is “fair.” Pray for unity. Pray against the enemy and the spirit of “entitlement.” Pray for wisdom for the church planting team: Joe and Hydie, Brian and Abby, Sittichai (Bible School student) and Sukprasan (pastor of the mother church). May God’s church grow strong and see many more Thai come to saving faith in Jesus.
- Please continue to pray for the Great Commission Fund (GCF) of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. The GCF provides what we and the C&MA International Workers around the world need to serve the Lord. It provides our living allowance, ministry funds, travel to and from the field, rent, health insurance…, enabling us to serve in Thailand. Gifts to this fund are also tax deductible and can be given through your local C&MA church or directly to our support through The Christian and Missionary Alliance via their website: https://www.cmalliance.org/give Thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Need a special project for your church? We are in the process of raising money to get a newer car when we return to Thailand in June 2019. If you would like to contribute to this project, your tax deductible gift can be sent to The Christian and Missionary Alliance via their website: https://www.cmalliance.org/give and designating the gift for “Danneker vehicle fund.”