Praise and Prayer Requests – Nov. 2018
Posted by danneker on November 1st, 2018 | 2 comments
- In Thailand, the rainy season is ending and the “cool” season is beginning. The children are starting back to school for their second semester after the October mid-school year break. Please pray for the children and teenagers at the Mahapawn Baan Paeo Church. I think of the Saturday Kid’s Club children that I was privileged to teach for 2 ½ years. Some of them started with the group as kindergarteners. Now as they get older, I know they will face more temptations from the world. Pray that they make good choices and continue to follow Jesus. Pray that they all solidly come to saving faith in Jesus. I think of the teenagers that I was privileged to disciple, especially Bale and Manao. Bale let Manao help her sell the Thai snack during the October school break. Pray that they stay strong in the Lord and see more fruit as they share their faith with family and friends.
- We continue to praise God for the opportunity to visit different churches for missions conferences and reconnect with our brothers and sisters in Christ in Eastern PA. The church dinners are a little too delicious and I fear we are starting to put on some extra weight! We were delighted by the Thai New Years’ celebration theme at the Fairlawn Community Church complete with Hawaiian shirts, flower leis and water games Saturday night and then the Thai water blessing ceremony Sunday morning. The cookout and hayride at Watsontown was great fellowship. The children that we have been able to share with at each church have been amazing. We have also appreciated the opportunity to challenge the teenagers. Please pray that God will use our messages to further His kingdom both here in the USA and around the world.
- Please pray for our November and December speaking schedule (all in PA):
Sat. 11/3 – Sun. 11/4 Twin Valley Alliance Church (Williamstown)
Sat. 11/10 Moosic Alliance Community Church (Moosic)
Sun. 11/11 Moosic Alliance Community Church (Moosic) – Sue
. Valley Alliance Church (West Pittston) – Ed
Fri. 11/16 – Sat. 11/17 Called Ones Conference (Lewisburg Alliance Church)
Sat. 12/1 Daybreak Church of the C&MA (Mechanicsburg)
Sun. 12/2 Community Alliance Church (Bloomsburg) – Ed
. Iron Mill Church (Danville) – Sue
Sat. 12/8 – Sun. 12/9 City Alliance Church (Williamsport)
- Thank you for giving to the Great Commission Fund (GCF) of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. The GCF provides what we and more than 700 other C&MA International Workers around the world need financially to serve the Lord. Among other things, our living allowance, ministry funds, travel to and from the field, rent and health insurance all come from this fund. Gifts to this fund are also tax deductible and can be given through your local C&MA church or directly to our support through The Christian and Missionary Alliance via their website: https://www.cmalliance.org/give We greatly appreciate all you do to help us serve in Thailand.
- Need a special project for your church? We are in the process of raising money to get a newer car when we return to Thailand in June 2019. If you would like to contribute to this project, your tax deductible gift can be sent to The Christian and Missionary Alliance via their website: https://www.cmalliance.org/give and designating the gift for “Danneker vehicle fund.”
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!