Praise and Prayer Requests – November 2019
Posted by danneker on November 3rd, 2019 | 1 comment
- Praise God, the Saturday morning children’s worship service is going well. The first couple of weeks, we just had a handful of children faithfully attending. But last week, eleven children came. After the worship service, Bale patiently teaches those that want to play the drums. Sue tries to introduce things on the keyboard. Bale and Ajarn Sittichai work with those wanting to learn guitar. Some who had come a year ago are still asking for crafts. They all seem addicted to the card game “Uno”. Please continue to pray for these precious children. Five of them come regularly to church at other times during the week to study the Bible with Ajarn Sittichai. He is training them with Youth for Christ materials to witness to other children.
- Praise God, nine adults have signed up to be trained with the material from the Center for Leadership Development program. We will consequently have two centers. Ed and Ajarn Sittichai will be the center leaders. November 10 will be the first meeting. Pray that each participant grows in their faith.
- Praise God, Pastor Sukprasan (pastor of our mother church) his wife Eve and daughter Aileen had a very fruitful ministry in the USA speaking in C&MA churches’ mission conferences in October. The last church he visited, River Valley Alliance Church in Watertown Wisconsin, asked him “Why send a short-term team? Why not just send money?” Pastor Sukprasan answered, “Opportunity: to do ministry we otherwise wouldn’t be able to do due to lack of manpower. For example, large school outreaches. Also, the team attracts new people for outreaches in the church. We have seen the fruit.”
- A short-term team from the Fairlawn Community Church in Cogan Station, PA, will be ministering with us from November 8-18. We will be going into the local elementary school for an English camp with 300 children (grades 4-6) and we are free to share about Jesus. The team will be launching a ministry to our girls (children and teenagers) to protect them from human trafficking. They will also be facilitating a joint youth meeting with teens from Baan Paeo and teens from our mother church in Mahachai. The topic will be on relationships: “True love without losing your way.” We could have as many as 30 teenagers, as the word is out on Facebook. Many planning on attending the function from Baan Paeo are not-yet Christians. Pray that these young people will move closer to Jesus…and eventually to have saving faith. Pray for God to anoint the ministry of this short-term team.
- Praise God, the new car was delivered on October 24. It’s a Toyota Corolla, entry level hybrid. It likes city traffic and is great on gas. Thank you again for everyone who donated to our vehicle fund.
November in the USA is the season for Thanksgiving. As we serve in Thailand, we have much to be thankful for. We are thankful for all your prayers for us. It is very humbling to know that you lift our requests up to the Father. Without them, the kingdom would not advance. We are thankful for your financial gifts to the Great Commission Fund of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Without them we would not be able to physically serve here in Thailand. Gifts to this fund are tax deductible and can be given through your local C&MA church or directly to our support through the C&MA website: https://www.cmalliance.org/give
May each of you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Love in Christ,
Ed and Sue Danneker