Posted by straw on November 14th, 2019 | Leave a comment
Here is an update… we’d love to have your prayers as we serve as C&MA missionaries and team up with the Gabon national Alliance church to bless people and expand the Kingdom!
1. Praise the Lord for the progress we’ve made in getting the aviation service back in operation for the Bongolo Hospital and the national Alliance church efforts! We arrived on October 31st and much has happened! We moved into our new home at the Bongolo mission, and attended the annual prayer retreat of the int’l workers.
2. Praise the Lord for a successful aircraft inspection from the Gabonese Civil Aviation agency! The inspection was yesterday (Tuesday, 12 Nov.) and it went very well. There were a couple of minor followup details that the inspector said I could take care of via email, which I did later in the afternoon. So, that process is all done! Just the paperwork and payment to follow.
3. Pray for the process of getting the Bongolo Hospital Airstrip certified. We’ll need to get an airport inspector down to the hospital’s airport to sign that off. I’m hopeful that we can do that by the end of the week or early next week.
4. Pray for security clearances to have easier access to our aircraft at the international airport. I’m working with Clarisse, our business agent, to work out the arrangements of the fueling of the aircraft, which typically involves our pickup truck. This full process to get a permanent security badge can take weeks, and we need to refuel in a day or two, so we need to get more immediate “temporary” badges, or some other solution.
5. Pray for great relational connections to church leaders, aviation sector leaders, and other international workers, including dignitaries that we often rub shoulders with. Today, for example, we are having lunch with some US embassy leaders. We will be sharing with everyone that we are an extension of the Body of Christ- here, in Gabon, out of obedience to God’s calling, with the teamwork of the our sending US churches (YOU ALL!!!), to be a blessing and a reminder of God’s great love for each person, through HIS son JESUS!
6. PRAISE GOD that we’ve already had many opportunities to share about Jesus’ love to over a dozen airport officials in the past two weeks!
Thanks for all your encouragement and support! You all are such a blessing!
Steve and Alace Straw